Search This Blog

Monday 25 October 2010

CV

In my last post I said that I had finished my CV for my Chartership, this took me a lot longer than I thought it would. Normally a CV hardly takes me anytime as I have kept my CV updated everytime I move jobs so that it is always handy if I apply for anything. However writing one for my Chartership seemed to take me ages.

DO CILIP care that when I was 16 I worked in my local cafe? Or that I have six years experience working in a local supermarket? If I had included all my previous work experience my CV would of went on for about 6 pages. Not that I have had a lot of jobs but when I finished my degree it did take me a while to find my first full time permanent post, I worked a few temporary jobs which I felt I had to include as they gave me experience of working in a library environment. Hopefully I have managed to include all that I needed to without going on for too long.

Although it took me a while I did actually enjoy writing my CV, I sometime struggle to big myself up (for lack of a better phrase) and writing my CV helped me to practice this. It helped me to see that although my position as a school librarian is my first permanent post, I have gained a good deal of experience in my other temporary posts which have certainly helped me get where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment